Who we are
Our website address is: https://rafflesprovident.com.sg.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We value the privacy interests of our customers highly and strive to protect the privacy, confidentiality, accuracy and security of the personal data provided to us.
- Considering whether to provide you with the insurance you applied for;
- Processing your application for underwriting and insurance;
- Administering and/or managing your relationship, account and/or policy with us;
- Providing services and products offered by us to you;
- Processing and/or dealing with any claims including settlements of claims and any necessary investigations relating to claims, under your policy;
- Carrying our due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
- Carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquires;
- Dealing in any matters relating to the services and/or products which you are entitled to under this policy which you are entitled to under this policy which you are applying for or have applied; (including the mailing of correspondence, statements, invoices, reports or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain personal data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages);
- Investigating fraud, misconduct, any unlawful action or omission, whether relating to your application, your claims or any other matters relating to your application, your claims or any other matter relating to your policy, and whether or not there is any suspicion of the above mentioned;
- Disclosing and/or complying with applicable laws or the requirements of any regulatory authority, government, statutory authority and industry associations. We reserve the right to collect, use or disclose your personal data if the collection, use or disclosure is required or authorised under the written law, even where you have exercised your right to withdraw your consent;
- Providing you with marketing, advertising and promotional information, which we believe may be of interest or benefit to you. You have the right to opt out of receiving such marketing information. You can do so by sending us the completed Withdrawal of Marketing Consent Form available on our website;
- Seeking professional advice (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and facilitating dispute resolution);
- Compiling information for statistical analytics/research to enhance products and services;
- Fulfilling audit requirements and compliance supervision;
- Revenue collection or debt recovery;
- Disclosing to our three general insurance firms we represent namely AIG Insurance, AXA Insurance, Sompo Insurance and/or related companies of the Company Group, agents, contractors, reinsurers or third party service providers who provides administrative, telecommunications, payment, data processing or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business;
(Collectively the “Authorised Purposes”)
You may withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data by giving us a written notice via email addressed to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com, so long as there are no legal or contractual restrictions preventing you from doing so.
If you withdraw your consent for us to use, collect or disclose your personal data, we will review and inform you on the consequences of the withdrawal.
You have the right to withdraw consent that you have given to receiving marketing and/or promotional materials and information. The withdrawal of consent will come into effect within 30 working days upon receipt of your Withdrawal of Marketing Consent Form.
We aim to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. Please contact us in writing to advise of changes/updates in your personal information after disclosure, as soon as possible. We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information in our systems or in our files is corrected.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was collected and as required for business or legal purposes.
Generally, we ask for your specific information through an application form or fact-finding form to obtain a quotation. As part of our ongoing website content development, we use “cookies” to measure traffic to various areas of our sites. The cookies expire as soon as you exit our website. The information collected through cookies is aggregated to determine overall (rather than individual) use of our site and is used to tailor future contents of our site. We utilise the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect transactional information transmitted over the Internet.
Enquiries, Feedback, Access and Correction
Requests pertaining to your personal data access; please bring along your original identity document in person to our office. For personal data access on behalf of another individual, a signed authorisation letter and a copy of proof of identity of the individual (whose identity is being accessed) are required.
The Personal Data Correction Form and Withdrawal of Marketing Consent Form are available on our corporate website. Please submit the completed form(s) together with the necessary documents as above (if applicable) in person/sent by postal mail/via email (for withdrawal of marketing consent) addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that depending on the type of information requested, we may impose an administration fee for processing. We will use reasonable efforts to fulfill your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 business days of receiving your duly completed form(s) and the relevant administration fee (where applicable). Similarly, we would take 30 business days upon receipt of the signed and completed form to process request for withdrawal of marketing consent.